TO BE BUILT NEAR
ASHEVILLE NORTH CAROLINA
A planned American Ingenuity dome home community is in the works. Michael Busick, founder of American Ingenuity, has purchased 160 acres about one hour north east of Asheville North Carolina and about 30 minutes from Burnsville and Marion North Carolina. Within the next couple of years, some domes will be constructed and made available for rent or possibly time shares, and some will be available for immediate move-in. Undeveloped lots will also be available for those that wish to build their own custom designed dome.
Due to the Hurricanes in Florida in 2004, American Ingenuity has been swamped with building plans design, building kit orders and the need for dome schools. As a result we have not had any time to work on the development of the dome community. Hopefully within a year, we will divide up the acreage, install a road and well and start construction on some domes.
For further information contact Michael Busick at American Ingenuity 321-639-8777.
Why build a Dome within our community?
1. The dome, or partial sphere, is a geometric form that encloses the greatest amount of volume with the least amount of surface area. Historically, massive domes constructed of stones, brick or concrete were common in ancient Greece and Rome. In modern times, Buckminster Fuller was the first to formulate geodesic principles for constructing a spherical surface by triangular subdivision.
2. During the past decade the home buying public has experienced a substantial increase in the cost of construction, the cost of energy and the cost of borrowing. As a result, there has been increased interest in the use of technology to help address these concerns. In the last decade many people have discovered that the dome home design offers a viable solution.
3. As a residential building concept, geodesic dome home construction translates into a highly comfortable and livable home that has a maximum of floor area enclosed by a minimum of materials. These features combine superior strength and cost-effectiveness in a single structure. In short, the dome home building concept expands the range of simple and economic housing options.
4. Manufactured dome homes are constructed using a triangular network to form a spherical shape. This method provides for a free-span, self-supporting structure requiring no internal supports such as roof load bearing partition walls. This allows for maximum flexibility of floor plan design and utilization of interior space.
5. As an architectural form, the dome is one of the strongest structural forms devised and built by man. Domes that were built centuries ago enclose many of the great cathedrals of Europe. Domes are structurally superior to rectilinear enclosures. The partial sphere is an aerodynamic shape that is very stable in high winds and can withstand heavy snow loads. For these reasons, residential domes greatly exceed the structural requirements of the major building codes in the United States.