For those of you wanting to compare the Aidome Building Kit vs Deltec Home Kit, please take time to read and analyze info listed below. Please compare kit costs and contents of each kit. Instead of building a home from a Deltec wood kit, consider building an Ai prefabricated concrete home dome kit. To warm up the exterior & interior of the American Ingenuity (Ai) concrete dome; 1) paint the dome exterior light green or light tan. 2) install rock or wood on the framed walls under dormers & entryways and on the riser panels. 3) Install wood decks off the first floor entryways. 4) Install trellis with vines to conceal the fire resistant concrete. On the interior adhere oak to the dome shell drywall and install wood flooring, wood cabinetry.
We understand that it is important to compare various companies when it comes to designing and building your home, and that you may want to compare our concrete kit to Deltec homes.
Ai would like to do a comparison between both of our companies, so you can determine which home would be best for you. We want to offer you a comparison showing that Aidome building kits will offer you more for your money, be more energy efficient, offer better defense from the elements and have lower maintenance costs over time.
Please be aware that both AiDomes and Deltec do not install a foundation. That work is completed by a local foundation subcontractor near you. In Ai’s building plans are foundation pdfs detailing foundation dimensions.
Please note in the information below we are simply pointing out the differences in our products. Deltec makes a fine product, but we at Ai feel we have superior home product.
Let us start with the kit:
|DELTEC HOMES||AMERICAN INGENUITY (AiDomes)|
|Standard Shell Kit||Standard Shell kit|
|Wood Frame home, w/shingled roof
No mention of insulation, or drywall for home’s exterior walls
Does not include exterior
siding and shingles
|Exterior Concrete reinforced with galvanized steel mesh & fibers;
7” thick R-28 Value expanded polystyrene insulation
throughout the exterior walls & roof of the home;
½” Georgia Pacific DensArmor – moisture resistant/mold resistant Gypsum Drywall
· 2” x 6” x 8’ wall panels
· Double 2” x 10” headers in all wall panels
· 5/8” CDX plywood sheathing
· Complete half scissor truss roof system
· Typar House Wrap
· Pre-cut roof sheathing & Typar surround
· Fascia / pre-cut soffit materials
· 1’-9” overhang (3′-9” shown)
· 9 Upper level steel floor support pole (two story)
· Web-tec floor system for upper level (two story)
· Compression ring and tension collar
Each wall & roof prefab panel consists of a
· Outer covering of ¾” concrete reinforced w’ galvanized steel mesh & fibers
· 7” thick EPS insulation
(w/a R-28 value)
· ½” interior DensArmor drywall
by Georgia Pacific (meets 2014 building code)
· Galvanized Steel Cables are included with the kit (for standard riser panel height design)
*Rods & Z plates for second floor are at a nominal charge per plan
The Deltec kit: As you can see their system is wood frame, it requires that the house exterior be finished with some sort of siding, and the roof shingled. Per their website, there is no mention of the inclusion of insulation, or drywall for the shell and attic area (there is mentioned as one of the top upgrades (i.e. additional cost) some sort of energy barrier for north & south facing areas of the home, not throughout the home). Being wood, the wood exterior is subject to fire, rot and termites.
With an Ai dome Kit: When assembled, the prefabricated panels produce all the structural components, the concrete roof, all the insulation and all the interior drywall for the dome shell’s exterior walls and roof. In addition, the dome shell carries a 225 mph wind and F4 tornado guarantee. Ai’s panelized system does not contain wood or steel framing (ribs) to interrupt our standard R28 insulation. There is no exterior wood to burn or rot or for termites to eat. As an added bonus, there is no roof to blow off in high winds, and has a noncombustible fire resistant concrete exterior. (Pressure Treated wood is used to frame the walls under the entryways and dormers to accept your locally purchased doors and windows. During Kit Assembly a temporary wooden rib system is installed to support the panels. However once the seam areas between the panels and the entryways and dormers are concreted, the Aidome is self-supporting and the rib system is removed.)
- Although all homes require exterior maintenance, an Ai dome (when erected), simply requires painting – there are no shingles to replace. Whereas a traditional home, as well as the Deltec kit would require repair and/or replacement of the roof, as well as maintenance/repair and/or replacement of the siding.
- In regards to the cost to build, both Deltec and Ai are kits, they are not complete houses, they are the shell of the structure, this is done by local contractors (Ai knows of an Independent Kit Consultant to assist your contractors with shell assembly).
Please give us a call so we can provide information and answer questions for you - 321-639-8777 Mon - Fri 9-5 eastern time.