Ai’s Florida Office Domes are open for viewing by appointment only. Please call 321-639-8777.
American Ingenuity looks forward to having you visit our 3,700 sq.ft. dome offices which consist of a 45′ dome linked to a 34′ dome. The office domes are not a model home, but set up as offices. You can easily see how spacious and livable the domes are. Tours are by appointment only after 1pm. To schedule a week day tour, please call Ai’s office at 321-639-8777 - 9-5 eastern time
To view the floor plan layouts for our Office Domes, please click on the pdfs below.
One Saturday a month the office domes can be toured along with a 12 year old dome home (34′ - two bedroom/two bath with one car 22′ garage dome) located in Melbourne Florida (eight miles south of Ai’s offices). Scroll down this page to find the Saturday tour info, dates and directions to our offices. To schedule a Saturday tour, please call Ai’s office at 321-639-8777. Saturday tours are by appointment only. Ai’s offices are located in Rockledge Florida about 1 hour east of Orlando and about 40 minutes south of Cape Canaveral. See below for directions. To email us please click on Email.
Photo of 34′ Florida Dome Home (12 years old)
Viewed During the Once a Month Saturday Tour
(22′ - One Car Garage Dome On Left Not Visible)
To view the floor plan layouts for this 34′ dome, please click on the pdf below.
The Ai office is closed when the following holidays are observed: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. During the week between Christmas and New Years, Ai has reduced office hours.
To view sample floor plans for each size dome from one bedroom/one bath to two bedroom/two bath to three bedroom/two bath to four bedroom/three bath dome homes, click on dome home plans. To view Plans & Kit Sale Pricing for each stock plan, please view Plans & Kit Sale Prices.
Financing is the single biggest block to owning a dome home. Lenders tend to want 25% to 35% down based on the finished price of the dome home. Lenders will accept equity you have in your land towards this down payment. Each client researches and coordinates their own financing. To view info about financing, please click on Financing. To read about the cost to finish the dome, click on Finished Cost.
The Tours consist of the following:
A staff person will walk you through American Ingenuity’s office domes pointing out significant features and answering your questions. On hand for viewing are a component panel, panel wall section, model dome kit, energy awards, pictures and set of building plans.
- A staff person will answer your assembly and construction questions. To view files on Construction and Assembly, please view the top menu items under Assembly/Construction and Construction Assistance. To view pictures on the dome kit assembly, please click on Kit Assembly. Click on Construction Overview to get a general feel for the construction phases. Click on Planning Process to see the steps involved in building a dome home. To view an engineering statement about Ai Component Panel and Building Codes, click on Engineering.
- Due to liability reasons, our insurance company will not allow visitors in our factory. To see a list of possible insurers on domes, click on Insurance Companies.
- Sorry we do not set up in office appointments to discuss floor plans. All floor plan designs are done via phone, emails and or faxes. Ask us to email other stock plans that are not on our web site for the size home you are interested in - one bedroom/one bath, two bedroom/two bath, three bedroom/2 bath, four bedroom/3 bath. Let us know if you want your master suite on the first floor or second floor. Call us at 321-639-8777 - our office is open Monday - Friday 9-5 eastern time. If you email and do not receive a reply within one to two days, please call us because due to tight spam filters we may not have received your email.
- Click on Stock Plans to view over stock plans for each size dome. If you do not see a stock plan to fit your lifestyle, the plans can be modified or customized per your descriptions and sketches. Please call us at 321-639-8777 Mon-Fri 9-5 eastern time. We would love to answer your questions.
- Some of Ai’s stock floor plans are now available in DXF format. Click on DXF and scroll down to bottom of page to view info.
The following is a description of the plans design process:
- If you do not find a stock plan to fit your lifestyle, sketch out your ideas on a stock plan or on the planner pages located on our web site.
- Email them to us by clicking on Email or fax them to us at 321-639-8778. Please include your name, phone number(s), time zone and best time to contact you. If you fax your sketches, please call our office at 321-639-8777 to assure that we received your fax, the correct number of pages and that it was legible.
- When you want to discuss your floor plan questions, please call us. If you give us your property address, at no cost to you Ai will contact your building department and ask what is required to obtain a building permit…..besides building plans do they need an engineer seal on the building plans? Do they require an Energy Report?
- After we receive your plans sketch, our Plans Coordinator will complete a Plans Quote which will be emailed to you.
- For us to schedule your plans for design, either email your acceptance of the Plans Quote or return the Plans Quote signed and include payment in full for the Building Plans.
- Once we start the design of your plans, Ai will email or fax three - six rough drafts that you review, make changes and return to us.
- After you approve the final draft, Ai designs your structural blue prints, completes your plans and ships the plotted plans via priority mail (if you are a USA client).
- If your plans require an engineer seal, a quote is obtained from the engineer before the design work starts. The seal cost is included in your Plans Quote. If your seal is for any state other than Florida, Ai emails your finished plans pdfs to the engineer. He plots the plans and Fedex’s them to you. The plotting cost and mailing cost is listed on your Plans Quote.
- Your plans can consist of 14 to 17 to 22 blueprints. The number of sheets depends on the number of domes in your plans & complexity of design. Blueprints for one dome on a slab are plotted on 18″ x24″ paper or C size paper. Two domes are plotted on 24″x 36″ paper or D size paper.
- Once Ai starts the design process, it takes about two to three weeks for modified plans and about four - eight weeks for custom plans. Delivery Time depends on the number of plans orders in queue prior to Ai receiving your order.
Saturday tours consist of touring our 22 year old office domes (45′ linked to a 34′) and a Melbourne 12 year old American Ingenuity dome home which consists of a 34′ (two bedroom/two bath) with a one car 22′ dome garage. Saturday Tours are by appointment only, to sign up for our Saturday tours, please call 1-321-639-8777. Dates for some of the upcoming Saturday tours are: February 6, March 5, April 9 and May 7, 2016. The Saturday tour starts at Ai’s dome offices at 11 am and last until around 2:30. Please eat before; three is no lunch break during the tour. You are welcome to bring food to snack on during the tour. The Saturday tour consists of the following:
- A Question and Answer period covering the main points of the American Ingenuity Dome Building Kit.
- A tour of the dome offices and driving 8 miles south to tour the Melbourne dome home.
- Sorry we do not set up “in office appointments” to discuss floor plans. All floor plan designs are done via phone, emails or faxes. See above for clarification. Ask us to email other stock plans that are not on our web site for the size home you are interested in - one bedroom/one bath, two bedroom/two bath, three bedroom/2 bath, four bedroom/3 bath. Let us know if you want your master suite on the first floor or second floor. Call us at 321-639-8777 - our office is open Monday - Friday 9-5 eastern time. If you email and do not receive a reply within one to two days, please call us because due to tight spam filters we may not have received your email.
- Due to liability reasons, our insurance company will not allow visitors in our factory.
- To find out the latest on Florida road construction or closed roads go onto the Florida Department of Transportation’s web site www.dot.state.fl.us or dial 511 for Travelers Info.
The following are directions to Ai’s dome offices. Please do not use your GPS as it will take you a round about way to our offices: Please be aware that police rigidly enforce speed limits in the Viera/Murrell/ US 1 Hwy area.
SOUTHBOUND ON I-95 (Exit Numbers now match mile marker numbers)
- Take Exit 195 and make a left at the light onto Stadium Parkway (if you turn right at the light the name of the road changes to Fiske)
- Travel 1.6 miles to Viera Blvd.
- Turn left onto Viera Blvd.
- Stay on Viera Blvd. for 2.4 miles (you will go through the stop light at Murrell Road).
- Turn Left onto Holiday Springs Rd.
- American Ingenuity’s Office Domes are around the curve on the right.
NORTHBOUND on I-95 (Exit Numbers now match mile marker numbers)
- Take Exit 191 turn right onto Wickham Rd. and go 2 blocks.
- Turn Left onto Murrell Rd. and go North 2.5 miles.
- Right onto Viera Blvd. and go East 1.4 miles.
- Turn Left onto Holiday Springs Rd.
- Office is around the curve on the right.